Saturday April 21, working 9am-noon with breakfast bites and coffee available in the Atrium beginning at 8:15am
What an outpouring of love and support our neighbors who live in East Greensboro have received this week. We continue to be updated and advised of needs in our community and will change our plans to support those needs if possible AND there are plenty of ways for you to consider sharing your Saturday and doing some good work sharing God’s love on April 21 at FBC and beyond. Breakfast bites, coffee, gathering in Atrium 8:15-9; work 9-noon (Habitat project 9-1). PLEASE SIGN UP below and let us know you’re coming so we can plan and communicate details accordingly.
There are jobs for all ages, abilities, and schedules. Please let Amy Grizzle Kane know if you have questions.
Projects we need help with:
- Help RE-BUILD homes and strengthen community: Habitat for Humanity Greensboro can take 10 additional volunteers to help with roof-tarping and debris clean up in east Greensboro. We will carpool from the church. Volunteers (age 18 up) can sign up at our missions day link and then we will communicate Habitat specific details/waivers to you. Can work until 1 or 3.
- Help PREPARE SPACE to EDUCATE students in a clean and friendly environment at Hope Academy. Hope Academy exists to serve students that are socio-economically disadvantaged. We need hands and helpers to take and toss into a dumpster there on site. Lift a little or a lot at a time, all strengths welcome.
- Help SHARE in the Community Garden at FBC–help prepare the Garden for harvesting food that is donated to local food banks and help prepare soil for a cutting garden of flowers that will be shared with those who grieve.
- Help VISIT and share the love of God and our church family with senior adults who are often lonely, feel isolated and miss being able to gather in person with our church family. It would mean so much to them to have a friendly visit from you (small groups of 2-3 or individual families) welcome to visit together! Help show them God’s love and remind them they are valued and not forgotten!
- Help CARE for our neighbors who were impacted by the tornado by helping prepare care packages for them in the Fellowship Hall that will be distributed through the Interactive Resource Center.
- Help SORT at Backpack Beginnings towards tornado response. Backpack Beginnings has 6 slots for us to join their efforts in sorting food and clothing for tornado response.