Lenten Season: Last Words of Christ on the Cross
Mid-week Vespers Services
Wednesdays at 6:15 pm in the Sanctuary – including prayer, meditation, proclamation, and music.
February 10 thru March 16 our regular activities for adults on Wednesday evening activities will be focused on worshiping together thru Lent. The pastoral staff will lead us each week on this scriptural journey.
- February 10 – Ash Wednesday service for all ages (Alan Sherouse)
- February 17 – “Father, forgive them for they don’t know what they are doing” (Steve Sumerel)
- February 24 – “I assure you today you will be with me in paradise.” (John Thornton)
- March 2 – “Dear woman, here is your son.” (Kim Priddy)
- March 9 – “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?” (Steve Cothran)
- March 16 – “I Thirst” – a Visual Via Dolorosa (Steve Pressley)
Sunday Lenten Worship Services
Sundays at 10:30 am in the Sanctuary. The sermon series during the Lenten season is “Last Words – – of Christ on the Cross.” Childcare is available for children 3 years and under. Children ages 4 – Grade 1 will participate in worship and leave for a special time of Children’s Church during the sermon time and return to the sanctuary for the closing of worship.
- February 14 – Forgive Them
- February 21 – You Will Be With Me
- February 28 – Woman, Here is Your Son
- March 6 – Why Have You Forsaken Me
- March 13 – I Thirst
- March 20 – Into Your Hands, It is Finished
Holy Week Services
- Palm Sunday – March 20 | Children’s Sunday
- Maundy Thursday – March 24 | Table Service and Communion (Fellowship Hall)
- Good Friday – March 25 | Tenebrae Service (Sanctuary) | featuring F.J. Haydn’s setting of The Seven Last Words of Christ on the Cross
- Easter Sunday – March 27