At First Baptist, we are committed to following Jesus’ example by welcoming children into our church family. During a child’s infancy we covenant with parents to be partners with them in nurturing their child and in helping the child grow to know and love Jesus as friend, Savior, and Lord. Our varied programs for children are directed toward that end.
“People were bringing even infants to [Jesus] that he might touch them; and when the disciples saw it, they sternly ordered them not to do it. But Jesus called for them and said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs.'” Luke 18:15-16
Serving and Volunteering in Children’s Ministry
As we welcome new babies, children, and their families to our church, our ministry to children is growing! With all of this wonderful growth, our volunteer needs are growing as well. From rocking newborn babies to playing with preschoolers, we need your help during the worship hour. Would you consider giving just a few Sundays volunteering in Extended Session caring for our youngest children during worship?
- Witness infants’ wonder up close
- Giggle while you play with toddlers
- Help children know God’s great love for them
No matter your age or ability, there is a place for you! We hope you will partner with our growing children’s ministry. We will provide any training and materials. To provide the safest and most secure environment possible, all ministry partners must be approved through FBCs Policy for Volunteers with Minors and Vulnerable Adults.
Keep up with What’s Happening in Children’s Ministry …
Stay Connected: Join the “First Baptist Church Greensboro Children” Facebook page Families of children and those working with our children are invited to join our private Facebook group for the Children’s Ministry. We will post updates, events and what’s happening and you can share with the group too – see you on Facebook!
Stay Connected: Sign up for “Remind” Messaging via Text or Email “Remind”ers Sign up to receive text or email reminders of events, opportunities, missions, and all that is happening for children at FBC. To receive messages via Text: send a text to 336-542-2227 | with a message @fbcgsokids. To receive messages via Email: send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 11 | Family Volunteering at Peacehaven Farm, 9 am – 12 noon
- June 22-25 | 3rd-5th Graders at PASSPORTkids! Camp in Lynchburg, VA
- June 29 | Movie Night: Finding Dory at The Regal Grande, 5:15 pm
- July 11-14 | Vacation Bible School, 9 am – 12 pm
- July 19 | Keeley Park Sprayground, 9:30 – 11 am
- August 7 | Family Pool Night at Hamilton Lakes, 4 – 8 pm
- August 21 | Lake and Baptism at Camp Weaver, 4 – 7 pm
- August 28 | Blessing of the Backpacks, 10:30 am in worship